Golden Spiced Caramel Latte
- 1/2 cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice) - more or less to desired consistency
- 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup – depending on how sweet you want it (sub raw honey or 1-2 pitted dates if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon of cashew butter (sub 2 tablespoons of raw cashews, soak in boiling water for 10 minutes before blending if you don’t have a high-powered blender)
- 1 tablespoon of Beforeyouspeak Vanilla Creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 pinch each of cardamom, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper – this is important as the chemical compound in the black pepper is what helps and enables the body to absorb all of those important nutrients in the turmeric!
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 cup of ice – more or less to desired consistency
- 1/2-1 cup cauliflower or zucchini (pre-steamed & frozen works best) – a great way to get an extra (undetectable) serve of veg & make your smoothie extra thick
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder – for hormone balance
- 1 teaspoon of flaxmeal/ground flax – for healthy fats & extra fiber
- 1-2 scoops of collagen – for gut healing goodness
- 1 scoop of protein powder – for extra protein (vanilla would work best in this recipe)
- Place all smoothie ingredients into your blender and process until smooth, creamy and well combined.
- Pour into a chilled glass or mason jar then top with toppings of choice.
Makes 1 Shake
Recipe by Emma Swanston (@emsswanston)